More sweets, less guilty conscience…
My sweet tooth came out again today. And what can I say… I gave in. The result are these sweet and gooey Raspberry Peanut Muffins. But to calm my and your conscience when eating way too much of them – they are free of refined sugar and oils, so actually healthy, right?
The best thing about them is that it takes only 30 minutes to make them. So they are perfect if you need to bake something when you´re in a hurry (or you just need something sweet quickly ;)). I decided to use plain peanuts and not peanut butter to give them a little crunch. You can vary the crunchiness by pulsing them more or less.
I have to warn you: these muffins taste so good when they are still warm… Better plan on making some more.
- 120 g peanuts
- 100 g whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp soy flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 100 mL non-dairy milk
- 80 g coconut oil
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 80 g frozen raspberries
- Pinch of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- fresh raspberries
- 8 cupcake sleeves
- Take the raspberries out of the freezer to let them thaw a bit.
- Add the peanuts to a food processor and pulse until the peanuts are roughly chopped.
- Mix the peanuts, and all other base ingredients in a bowl to make a dough.
- Divide the dough between the cupcake sleeves (make sure every sleeve contains also raspberry, not just dough) and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool down a bit.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.