Deliciousness has a formula…
First I have to confess that I love caramelized food of all types in all kinds of dishes (almost no exceptions :)). Second, this formula is always a guarantor for a delicious dish:
Pasta + veggies + something sweet + something nutty = Yum!
This recipe combines your pasta type of choice with spiralized zucchini, caramelized figs and roasted walnuts. Did you notice the formula above?
Then watch out: The following Caramelized Fig Walnut Pasta recipe will make you want more…
- 50 g pasta (I used gluten-free fusilli)
- 1 zucchini
- 20 g walnuts
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 figs, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- White wine (to taste)
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Black Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instruction and spiralize the zucchini. Chop and roast the walnuts in a pan without oil, then set aside.
- In a skillet heat coconut oil and coconut sugar. When the sugar starts to dissolve pour in the fig and onion slices and the garlic. Let caramelize.
- Add the zucchini noodles together with some white wine and lemon juice to taste. Let everything simmer for a few minutes, then stir in the pasta and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the roasted walnuts sprinkled on top.